New DPA brings DPA Peer-to-Peer function
22 October 2019
What is it for?
The DPA Peer-to-Peer (DP2P) tool is intended for communication with one or more bonded Nodes in direct range. No reset or restart of the Node is needed.
A knowledge of the Network Type, working channel and Access Password of addressed Nodes is required. DP2P must be enabled in the TR configuration of given Nodes.
When to use it?
DP2P is useful for inventorying the network (e.g. localization of Nodes after Autonetwork), device maintenance, remote control, etc.
Besides the functionality described below it is also possible to use the DPA Test tool. It allows sending any DP2P Request to addressed Nodes.
- Supports DPA version 4.10 or higher.
- This tool can be selected in the CATS Tools field on the Control tab in IQRF IDE.
How to use DP2P
- Set the Network Type and working RF channel of given IQMESH network in the DP2P Settings tab in IQRF IDE.
- Set non-default Access Password of the addressed Nodes in the Connection field. If the Access Password is the default (16 zeroes) the DP2P cannot be used.
- Select Node addresses in the Connection field.
- The DP2P is ready to use. Use the Scan button or the DPA Test window.
More information on IQRF.org.